View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 08:15 AM
dcpilot
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Default aviation deception

Don't be deceived by carreer placement programs. I did not listen to my CFI and went to atp fast track program, which I don't think is near as bad as Capt. The lies they told me before training about jobs and the entire industry is all bull****. They did not give me a job and with low time I was screwed. I finnally made it and then that is a matter of speaking of whether FO on a jet for 20K is making it. These type of programs are for rich kids and are screwing up the entire payscale for people trying to pay bills and support kids. If you have two kids as a first or second year FO you can get welfare, and I don't know if I would consider borrowing 50-75K to get on welfare. People who "love to fly" should leave commercial flying to people who want to make a living. They should go fly in the bush, aerobatics, 90 or 135 scenic tours because this flying is for people who fly for a hobby, for a career change or just have a rich family. Flying 5-7 legs a day is not fun after the doing it a hundred times. Don't let your dreams cloud your judgement, because you still have to make money, and ERAU and ATP are in it to make money too.