View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 09:45 AM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by Linebacker35
The Delta connection seems a little differant than the rest in that you have about 1000 hours after you are finished. Once your done your training there, you instruct there for about 800 hours. Then they get you interviews with Delta connection airlines. But you could get to 1000 hours cheaper thru regular training and instructing. I guess the program would look good on your resume later in your career. But another problem is the bad shape delta is in. IF they go under, the program is history I would assume. That would suck if you were half way thru it and got shut down
From what I understand about the DCA program you finish with about 200 hours and then you are given the oppurtunity to apply to be an instructor there. IF you get chosen to be an instructor you do that for about 1/2 of what you could make instructing at an FBO until you reach the magic 1000 hours and then YOU get the interviews (they aren't handed out like candy) with a recommendation from DCA. There are much better ways to spend your money and enjoy flying at the same time.