View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 10:01 AM
NE_Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by dcpilot
People who "love to fly" should leave commercial flying to people who want to make a living. They should go fly in the bush, aerobatics, 90 or 135 scenic tours because this flying is for people who fly for a hobby, for a career change or just have a rich family. Flying 5-7 legs a day is not fun after the doing it a hundred times. Don't let your dreams cloud your judgement, because you still have to make money, and ERAU and ATP are in it to make money too.
So if you love to fly, you cannot make a living doing it??? Now correct me if I'm wrong, but you are your job, so it is probably in your best interest to love to do the work you do. Which would lead one to believe, that pilots who fly for money, love to fly, and that is why they do that as opposed to working as police officier, or at some corporation, etc.

If you choose a career doing something you hate doing, your going to be a very miserable person, I don't care how much money you make,your not going to be happy, since a fair amount of your time will be doing what you hate. You are better off doing something you would enjoy doing.

It sounds like your not very happy with your career of choice, maybe that is because you do not love to fly?