View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 02:41 PM
SWAjet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: B737 Captain

Originally Posted by cargo hopeful
My problem is this: Is it better to be happy or right?
By all means it's better to be Happy. I know some neighbors who make a lot of money, but hate their jobs. They tell me they envy my lifestyle.

I know that there are unhappy people in ALL kinds of jobs in the world, but what the heck is the best decision??
My advice would be to follow your gut. If money was no object, what do you see yourself doing? Chase money and you'll wind up miserable.

My next question would be is it a better choice to have a full time job and earn my certificates flying part time as much as possible in oder to reduce my debt, or should I just go to one of those expensive flight schools that promises you an "interview" (I know nothing is garuanteed).
I would never go to an expensive flying school. Since you live in the HOU area, find a busy flight school that has lots of business jet activity on the airport. There you'll find lots of networking opportunities, and you'll save boucoup bucks over the Embry's and American Flyers.

And my last question is, I have always wondered, who prepares the meals for cargo pilots in an overseas trip?
Correct me if I'm wrong, boxheads, but the crew prepare their own meals. It's probably as simple as flipping on a switch and throwing in a meal... Which is much nicer than what we get at SWA, peanuts and pretzels.