View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 05:47 PM
NE_Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by Flying Ninja
Dude, I love flying. I was willing to give up good money for doing what I love. But, at the pay level that the regionals are starting out FOs, well, it's laughable, almost criminal. Personally, if I can help it, I would never want to fly a regional carrier as a passenger knowing that 50% of the flight crew is probably malnurished, stressed financially, and worried about if the flight attendant saved any peanuts between hops.

As for the "you are your job" deal, I really hope you got a life outside of flying. My friends in the corporate and police line of work are perfectly comfortable with their lives inside and outside the office.
Well yes, everyone has a life outside of their job, but your job takes up such a large majority of your time, that no matter how you look at it, you are your job, and it has become a part of you. The Police Officier may do things outside of work, but he will look at things from the perspective of a Police Officier, whether he is on the job or not (this obviously does not apply for people just starting out).

When you get home, you tend to think about your job, and talk about what happened, right? It is a part of you, you are what you do essentially. Even other people identify their friends by their work, how many times have you heard, "Thats Bobby he's a [insert profession here]." People, upon first meeting you, tend to ask what you do for a living. They associate you by your job.

The main point, is that if you don't atleast like what you are doing, you should probably switch professions. (This is not direct at you, since you said you love to fly). Personally I would rather be successful, than rich. I don't consider every rich person successful, you are successful if you are truely happy with your life, which includes what you do, since it is such a large part of your life.