View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 06:53 AM
justjack
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009

Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
This is why I don't want a union here anymore. The APA took the West side over a legitimately voted in union and we now have 1500 union busters hating 3500 "union busters".

I am strictly a company man now and I make sure every new hire knows that to have a good career simply follow the SOPs, do your job, go home and enjoy your families. The Company has your back, the APA and the West are going to only make things worst.

When 2020 comes around you'll be making Captain and you'll be making more money regardless what the union does so enjoy it because you'll be thankful you won't have to jerk the gear for West guys or APA troublemakers like cactiboss.

I disagree with, well, EVERYTHING that you just wrote. The vast majority of pilots” follow the SOPs” do our jobs and go home and enjoy our families. There are not, "1500 union busters hating 3500 union busters.” This web board paints a statically biased picture. It’s just the nature of the beast and when we come here we take everything posted with a ton of salt.
We need unions – strong unions. If we had, had strong, centralized unions and minimum certification standards established immediately following deregulation, we would not have been hosed as bad as we were. The future is not at all guaranteed for airline labor. As far as the company having “your back” – They have a bull’s-eye right on it. When things get rough, you will be the very first place they come looking. What you should be telling new hires is that they represent red ink at American. (This is not necessarily a bad thing as long as you don’t think that you or your profession has some intrinsic value beyond the math.) Act accordingly. Yes, do your job. Enjoy your family but also never forget.