View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 08:51 AM
justjack
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009

Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
You have a right to disagree. So do I. I choose to join or not join organizations in the U.S. Not so with labor unions....the ONLY organization other than government where they can take your money. Those days are ending soon and I know the APA doesn't have my back as long as they treat us differently than themselves. Just like the TWA pilots, the new hire pilots seniority IS for sale sometime in the future. Just like the West pilots think they deserve more value in their seniority than ours our "profession" is the one with the targets on our backs and it is because OF the unions...not the Company who pays me my check. Not the union.

Which brings me to this question: Why does the employees at APA need a union there if the APA is such a "benevolent" employer?
WE are the union and WE are responsible for our failures. Fix the system, but don’t throw out the entire baby. Like taxes, we all benefit from the goods our money buys. Also like taxes, we may disagree with how our money is used, but if anyone could opt out of paying dues while still receiving the benefits of union representation (free rider) eventually, none of us would have representation. (Just what corporate America wants, but you have said that you are a company man) Freeloaders will always want to get rid of union dues.