View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Route66
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by PurpleTurtle View Post
The company hired you and the company can fire you... and the APA gets to F you... Bless the company (at least pretend when they are looking).

The knuckle headed APA is now calling on pilots to refuse scheduling assignments that are (in the opinion of the APA) contrary to the contract.

UnFing believable... The APA couldn't fight against the membership fast enough and hard enough to pass the JCBA immediately at the behest of management (contrary to all common sense in the most insane profit period of airline history)... The APA couldn't muster a whimper of protest in the easiest of negotiating environments, but now they want individuals to buck the company and offer the chief pilot a middle finger?

Where to H will the APA be when the chief pilot fires you? The APA will be busy eating at another expensed obscenely lavish dinner.
Yep.

The benefit of a union is disputable, at best--especially the white collar management wannabe pilot unions. The day the free market allows paying as much or as little as one wants to a union is the day the unions will actually have to perform for their members rather than the self-important leaches calling themselves leaders.

Oh the irony.. a union having to leverage the ideals of capitalism to survive.
Yep....again.

The "union" has nothing sacred except preserving and expanding the dues stream to pay for flight pay loss and lavish dinners. The mere membership is expendable to that end.

The impossibility of a union's success should be evident from its premise. Perpetual dissatisfaction is the fortuitous and necessary impetus that lays the membership ripe for exploitation, even as they feel empowered to improve upon the company that is in fact in collusion with a minority of pilots that are pacifying the masses by feigning a fight.

Its quite symbiotic. The masses are entertained, distracted, or pacified in their "battle". The equivocators become rich and live in houses they can't afford apart from the symbiotic assistance... Chicago mortgages are expensive.
Three for three!

It's funny, you didn't see what I was getting at before but now (and I know you still don't like me) after the MOU and the JCBA getting voted in I think you get my point. The union is there for show only.

We have to get paid, but having "two masters" is at best a joke. Keep the money, I say. Then you can buy your "lavish" dinners.