View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 01:54 AM
Route66
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by PurpleTurtle View Post
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the APA Constitution & Bylaws. The portions dictating the process of negotiations are simply a work of art. But most everyone was unwilling to follow the CB&L

The problem is the company worked overtime to dislodge the BOD from their Constitutional process of negotiations... Uh, I mean the National officers of APA worked overtime in collaboration with the Company to seperate the BOD from the Costitutional process... Hell, the Negotiaing Chairman was right there with the National Officers. And on the second front we had a large number of short sighted individualists on the BOD that did their best to seperate the membership from the BOD members that were on the right track. (Something about ORD mortgages). In that environment it was easy for a sweeping majority of membership to be caught like monkeys with their hand in the proverbial monkey trap, unable to rationally think while their hand was seized upon the ParkirbyGlass bait, the CB&L forgotten or reviled.

The pilot union experiment has now concluded. There will never be a more opportune time to negotiate with management. Never.

If leaders and members will not read their own Costitution, much less follow it (or worse, actually flout it) then by definition they are the ones who are anti Union.
That has been my contention.