View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 03:06 PM
FlyingSlowly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Given that you opened the thread with incorrect data and assumptions that were badly skewed, and given that you're attempting to create a work-around for a "problem" that doesn't exist, it's little wonder that you're seeking to follow the counsel of the only person in the thread with a failed career.

If your engine mount was improperly repaired in 1986, who has been signing off the annual inspections in the intervening 29 years? More importantly, who signed off the last annual, and do you intend to ever use them again?

Aviation is about judgement.
For the record, I started this thread as an academic inquiry, not as a request for career advice. I KNOW that right now CFI jobs are plentiful. I was asking the question with an eye towards the future of the industry, not what I should personally do.

My desire to not instruct (for hour-building) is more related to feeling that I don't have much to offer instructing others as a low-time pilot...as indicated in the initial post.

I certainly don't plan on flying 1200 more hours in my plane either. Just a few hundred while seeking and working at any (low-time) flying job(s) I can find. Still enjoying being young(ish), single, and mobile!

But please, this thread was not about me. I remain genuinely curious about what others think will transpire with career progression from 250 to 1500 hours...looking a few years down the road.