View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 08:47 AM
dcpilot
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Default I agree

Originally Posted by freezingflyboy
I have to agree HSLD aviation experience being equal, Id take the guy with life experience and maturity too. But my point is a 40 year old guy who is independently wealthy (meaning doesn't care about pay or bennies), bored with his desk job and thinks flying a jet with passengers in the back would be a "cool hobby" is no different from the 20 year old guy with a blank check from mommy and daddy. Both are not going to be good for those of us trying to feed and shelter ourselves as we start out on this odysey in the aviation industry. Yes, the life experience is going to be different and the 40 year old guy will probably have more maturity but that is no indicator of how someone will react in a clutch situation.
Right on, this is true and I just think that if you want to fly for a hobby or you don't need money, do something that is completely known for not making money and is only for peolple who need the love of flying such as general aviation. Flying all day with no rest has lost its fun and needs to compensated with money. I like flying, but it becomes a job and you should be compensated well for it.