Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 11:09 AM
cardiomd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather

Originally Posted by kfahmi View Post
I was jumpseating on a DL 757 a few weeks back and as we were boarding, a passenger stops just inside the entry door, rolls his eyes and says in as loud a voice as he can muster, "God I hate these little tiny airplanes, why can't Delta give us a real god**** airplane."

Seriously?

A 757?

What is wrong with you, sir?

On a separate note, yesterday while working a trip from YVR to LAX in a CRJ-700, a lady got on board and would not stop complaining to the FA during boarding (I could hear all this since the cockpit door was open) that "this airplane is just a puddlejumper. Just a puddlejumper! I paid so much money for my ticket, I want a real airplane" et cetera.

I could not help myself. On the descent into LAX I made the following PA, which sent my captain into fits of laughter:

"Ladies and gentlemen, we've started our descent into LA. It's a nice sunny day, with a temperature of 68 degrees Fahrenheit. We'll be on the ground in 20 minutes. Oh, and as we boarded our flight today, we overheard someone calling this aircraft a puddlejumper. However, this puddlejumper got us to our destination a full 35 minutes early, which we think is pretty nifty. Once again, thanks for flying with us and we'll see you on the ground."

The nice part was that as everyone deplaned I caught the lady's eye and she actually smiled, a bit sheepishly.
I'm pretty sure that did not actually happen. I have a picture of the poster below.