Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 11:35 AM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post
Seriously boys if any of these stories are true there needs to be some major ego-checking here.

I have patients tell me before surgery, "remember to wash your hands" or "how much did you sleep last night?" or referencing the latest event in the news involving some bad doctor.

So do I get annoyed and tell them to shut up? No. I usually smile and joke back "oh wow, I nearly forgot" or "whoa, yeah, I should have done that, hope that last guy is ok" or if they are truly nervous just reassure them. It is just a joke. People are nervous an say stupid stuff. Part of professionalism is not being a tool or being mean to your clients / paying passengers. I realize that most of the posts here are just hangar-talk and tall tales but for ****'s sake don't do it in real life or over the PA.

I've flown with guys like freezingflyboy, one CFI of mine was like that and he was promptly fired. He'd make a big deal out of something that was somewhat inconsequential, had a knowledge base like swiss cheese, and liked to argue when he was wrong.

Apologies for the lecture, I guess I'm the TOTD. I've become cranky in my old age.
Too late Cardio. I believe I've already won today's honor (with another nomination from you no less!). Better luck tomorrow!