View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 01:52 PM
Nevets
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: EMB 145 CPT
Default Skywest

Originally Posted by Mercyful Fate View Post
I guarantee you that there will never ever be a mixing of the two pilot groups. If you honestly believe there is a stone's throw chance in hell, you obviously don't know as much about the upper management folks that you claim...

It's not me who put those words in the annual report. Like I said, it's at least enough a concern from upper management folks to warrant them warning their shareholders about the risk of this forced labor merger they mention. So you can say whatever you want, but it wasn't me who ever mentioned any "forced" labor merger. It was all management who stated it as a concern. So I may not personally bet any substantial amount of money on it happening, but I would say it's more of "a stone's throw in hell" as you say.

As long as JA and CC is at the helm, there is no way that would happen.
I've always said, we are one CEO away from disaster.

Leverage from whom?

I believe he is talking about the risk factor mentioned by upper management in the annual report filed with the SEC.

Which if that were the case, what would be the incentive for the newer guys at SkyWest to vote in a union? So they could be pushed further down the list? Not exactly a good selling point...

Skywest voting in a union does NOT mean an automatic merger. There are examples of this at other regionals: PSA, PDT, envoy and TSA, compass, Gojet.

Can you answer this question, why are you so vested in this issue anyway?

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
No, it's not a good selling point at all. Anyone trying to sell alpa at SKW would have to explain how fences would protect the junior and mid-grade pilots. Or how a common-carrier petition from XJT could be deflected.

Anyone from XJT advocating alpa at SKW has an obvious conflict of interest.

Again, a union, ALPA or otherwise does NOT mean automatic union. And this isn't where fences would be discussed anyway. That only happens AFTER a merger is decided upon. Not when deciding whether to go union or not. As for single carrier petition, the company is the one who fights that.