View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 02:39 PM
Nevets
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: EMB 145 CPT
Default Skywest

Originally Posted by disillusioned View Post
I was told that is why the company just decided to let ASA and XJT stay separate. ASA runs the CRJ and XJT runs the ERJ. This person told me that the company was unable to bid for new flying for the 175 because they couldn't get a rate to use for Express. This was a typical corporate person that had been brainwashed to believe that the Express Jet pilots were being so unreasonable by wanting to keep what was in their contract and not just take concessions to "help out"

My thinking is that they let the attrition go and see how many they can get to walk away as the contract expires. Then deal with what is left at the end. Maybe try to get some people to jump ship with the higher first year wages, signing bonus and chance at upgrade.

I'm sure I will get hammered with this, but that is just what I was told. I tried to tell this person how ****ty the company was treating the pilots, and that unions were not the devil. But the koolaid is strong....

They have pay rates for 175s (or any large RJ) from both sides. So he was either lying to you or ignorant of facts.