Thread: AMRG
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 05:56 PM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by rv8builder View Post
As a former employee of AMRG, I'll just put and end to your trolling right now, JohnBurke.

Yes this is the new version of the old Blanding Air Ambulance. They have come a LONG way from operating twin Cessnas off dirt strips on the "rez." Yes, the CEO / owner is the son of the original owner, and he is a good guy who is laser focused on growing a great business. The company has seen some insane growth, but I could always walk into the CEO's office to say Hi.

No, they don't do one hour annuals. I was on the King Air C90B, and never had any reservations about maintenance. Any issue I ever had was fixed quickly, and there were very few MELs.

I never had any pressure from management forcing to do flights in questionable situations. In fact, I turned down flights with critical patients that would have put my crew in danger, and I never once was second-guessed.

Pay is decent for King Airs, and varies across the different companies. You'll make more in Hawaii than Alaska. I enjoyed my time at AMRG and would certainly recommend working there to anyone who's interested.
There is no "trolling." The close relative of the former owner was one of those who was regularly observed conducting 1 hour annuals and 100 hours. Perhaps he had a change of heart.

The former owner, his father, would stop by the unheated single-wide trailer in which several pilots' families stayed, and demand to know why they didn't depart below minimums on flights in low weather and storms, to dirt runways with no approaches, and was heard to say "I don't care if you make it, I just need to show that you departed." He was also the same who said "You wouldn't complain to your college professor that your tuition cost too much, would you? Consider me your professor, and be grateful for the education that you get, working for me. By all rights, you should be paying me, instead of the other way around."

No doubt it's all changed, but somehow I doubt so. How often do leopards change their spots? The willingness to do whatever is required, whenever required, may be a thing of the past, but the past isn't that far away.