Old 04-26-2015, 07:44 AM
SUX4U
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: B756 FO

Originally Posted by Erdude32 View Post
Ya know I've had thoughts along those lines too. Hire every single last ME3 pilot with an app in...overnight & offer them a Business class seat home & signing bonus if they leave within 24 hours. Then once they get here get the contact info for every person they know that hasn't applied yet and recruit them within days. Between the Legacy US & European carriers we could ground the ME3 within a week. It would have to be a co-ordinated strike but there's no laws against it, we need the pilots and it might be cheaper than p!ssing away $$ on Capitol Hill where were being outspend 10:1.

It's time the gloves come off.
I have to disagree with this approach. I am sorry but there has to be better ways to deal with the issue at hand than give those guys preferential hiring at the top jobs in the USA. Those guys that bailed out of the US industry because "times were tough" at the regional level, should not be able to go over, make a killing for 3-5 years, load up their bank accounts while helping build up the ME3 global dominance and then skip into a legacy seat just like that. There are way too many qualified Military, Regional, LCC, Corporate guys here in the USA that should not be penalized in their careers.

And in reality, say 300-500 pilots are hired within a very short time frame. Does anyone think Emirates would not drop their requirements to absolute minimums and go over to India, Indonesia and parts of Africa and offer those pilots an insane contract to join? I would imagine the hiccup that the ME3 would face would be short lived at best.