Old 04-26-2015, 09:55 PM
RemoveB4flght
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by Erdude32 View Post
Not realistic. But, Alpa COULD blacklist every US Expat flying for any of the ME3 and ban them from Alpa membership for life. You want to fly for a ME3 that wants to run any US Carrier out of business? Fine, but you'll never work in the US again.

Hopefully the US Airline hiring Depts are thinking along the same lines.
This coming from a guy who spend all of 3 years at a regional before squeaking into a main line carrier with bare minimum qualifications as stated here:

Hockey, 80kts & myself are all at DAL. There was a VERY small window in '03-'07 that some of us slipped through. Admittedly we are the exception & not the norm. I went from my 1st Pvt Pilot lesson to an RJ in 11 months. 9E newhire 12/04....DAL Newhire 35 months later.
I would have loved to seen your story had you ended up in the unemployment line in 2008 and eating into your savings had you been furloughed like many of us through a prolonged period of zero domestic hiring.

You post all over this forum talking about who should get hired and who shouldn't:

I'll say outloud what myself & others at mainline are thinking: Regional FOs with no turbine PIC do not belong at mainline and should not be granted an interview.
And you had sooooooo much left seat experience:

Was probably me you heard about. I was hired at DAL in '07 with 700hrs of 1900 TPIC. I was in the right place at the right time, but also had a very diversified resume' & was a mid-life career changer. I went from 0 time to DAL in 3yrs 9 months. Networking, luck and taking charge of and mapping out my career instead of getting comfortable and afraid of making a strategic move.
B*tch please, My tie tack has more TPIC than you.

I had finally made the jump from regional to a larger carrier like a lot of my colleagues here in the Middle East who paid a helluva lot more dues than you did before getting called up.

14 months on the street before I got the opportunity to come out here and work hard and earn some coin, so you sir can kiss my rosy red rectum.

Oh but wait a minute… you also mentioned this bit of career advice:

I'd take ANY direct entry CA job available right now, even expat in order to get the TPIC ASAP.
You contradict yourself left and right… and you know why?

You're a punk who got lucky with timing and then purports himself as an experienced mainline sky god who has been around the block and can pass judgement on others.

Small wonder you post mindless drivel like this. Go sling some gear.