Thread: Amerijet Anyone
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 11:02 AM
MPILOT
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: CE550, G100 PIC

Originally Posted by White Cap View Post
D.B. And his ilk have been taking refugees since before the Eastern debacle. Twenty five plus years of finding desperate people is a long track record. The only thing that ever changed was when the IBT was brought in to keep them from openly destroying people's careers. They walk a fine line now, knowing that there are tools at a pilot's disposal. But...with so many compliant captains willing to bully a newbie, it is not so easy to do a year. Worse, AJT has gotten a bad reputation with hiring boards, certainly at my airline. Young guys need glass, not a year on a steam gauge dinosaur. Corporate PIC on a modern airplane is much more valuable.
I am kind of skeptical on this company however, with some good PIC corporate hours and previous 121 I have not been lucky with getting me a 121 job for the past 2 years. Of course I have been offered regionals which I can not afford to do since I need to provide for my family. I still don't know if it would be a right move to get active on 121 and get some more heavy hours and a job. I was an FEX on the 27 10 years ago and not very eager to fly it again I would rather go on the 767 but they told me the junior aircraft is the 727. And be afore anybody ask I do not have a dark background, never a failure or anything like that.