Old 04-27-2015, 08:42 PM
RemoveB4flght
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by Sink r8 View Post
As far as blacklisting goes, the abuses by the respective carriers have not been catalogued until now, and may yet be remedied/mitigated. A guy who went there before, was going for a better job. A guy who goes there in the future, assuming the allegations are validated AND not remedied, would be deliberately going to work for a company that cheats US pilot interests. Like a scab. At that point, you could reassess any official position, and blacklist if warranted.
I love how the S word gets thrown around. You actually believe me working for an airline half way around the world has one iota of influence on whether or not you have to take contract concessions?

"Oh.. but if you work there, and you do a really good job and save fuel and minimize delays you HELP a company that if it grows can compete with market share on certain routes…. well not the fat cash cow domestic market, and definitely not the Indian subcontinent or those terrorist-sounding places in the middle east, well come to think of it we are really only concerned with the premium pond crossing routes for which we offer an aging and inferior product. BUT your assistance there could be the tipping point for whether further expansion happens and then the majors here will not seek new markets but rather continue to reduce capacity to bolster profits and have to cancel those wide body orders and be even more reluctant at the next contract negotiations and perhaps even consider raising retirement age to 74. That stagnates my career and means i'll be stuck shuttling pajama and croc wearing retards from Pigsknuckle Arkansas to Hayseed Nebraska instead of going to Paris with a clutch of 50-something cat ranchers. IT'S YOUR FAULT REMOVE…. YOU DID THIS TO US… YOU'RE UN-AMERICAN.. you, you….YOU SCAB! THEY TOOK 'ER JERBS!!!!!"

Totally logical rationale, you should definitely bring it up at the next ALPA national meeting.

When you decide to return to reality you may find it a bit boring here.