Old 04-28-2015, 04:20 AM
Sink r8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
OK Idon't post here because the professional posters here (also posers) subject you to death of being pecked to death by 1000 chickens....But Chapt 11 bankruptcy is not a subsidy,,,the only party paying that are the employees, the rest get a pretty good deal...as well any guy because it could have been me amongst other reasons who went expat is not anything close to a scab..I should know, I headed up the NWA strike committee and SPC on all the "cold and prickly matters".....those who throw that around loosely really cheapen the value of real scabbing and going offshore for work is honorable,,,sometimes it raises our wages by a remote pattern bargaining dynamic.Timbo is the only Delta south pilot that gets this....Yes I said that..I say it double....most of the "Delta " guys here are over entitled yuppiescrossed with the drippings of Courtney Love and Kurt Colbain and what ran down her leg...Spackler distance thy self from me, you are a good man and need not encounter my frag pattern.
Sounds like you have (barely suppressed) anger issues, and a pretty low opinion of other Delta pilots, and it sounds like you like to lump a bunch of people together.

Speaking of lumping people together...

I will agree that it was a mistake to use the S word in my post. I was not saying a guy that works for the ME3 is a scab. The point I was making is that it's legitimate to judge a person by what they do to the profession, and take a position. We do it all the time. An example of doing it incorrectly is the Comair guys petitioning their management not to hire Delta furloughees while they were hiring.

Now, if go back and read my post, I clearly state there is NOTHING wrong, dishonorable, or weird with guys having gone to the ME3 carriers. The allegations made by our carriers haven't really been tested yet, and for all I know, there will be a resolution between the various parties. At this point, the pilots are still just along for the ride.

In theory, there might be a point where there is no resolution, and you could expect a union to advocate for companies to draw distinctions between pilots that join the ME3 before the disloyal competition was highlighted, and after. That wouldn't be weird, or irrational, or unprecedented.

So yes, erdude stepped on his crank with an entitled tone, any use of the word scab to describe a ME3 pilot is completely inaccurate, and any talk of either poaching or blacklisting is way premature. But no, there wouldn't be anything weird about unions taking a position, and asking people to pick a side at some point in the future.

As far as your remarks on S pilots, I think you ought to man up, and apologize. Some of us sound that way on this board, but you ought to be smart enough to focus on the offense, not make blanket statements.