Old 04-28-2015, 04:30 AM
Sink r8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by RemoveB4flght View Post
I love how the S word gets thrown around. You actually believe me working for an airline half way around the world has one iota of influence on whether or not you have to take contract concessions?

"Oh.. but if you work there, and you do a really good job and save fuel and minimize delays you HELP a company that if it grows can compete with market share on certain routes…. well not the fat cash cow domestic market, and definitely not the Indian subcontinent or those terrorist-sounding places in the middle east, well come to think of it we are really only concerned with the premium pond crossing routes for which we offer an aging and inferior product. BUT your assistance there could be the tipping point for whether further expansion happens and then the majors here will not seek new markets but rather continue to reduce capacity to bolster profits and have to cancel those wide body orders and be even more reluctant at the next contract negotiations and perhaps even consider raising retirement age to 74. That stagnates my career and means i'll be stuck shuttling pajama and croc wearing retards from Pigsknuckle Arkansas to Hayseed Nebraska instead of going to Paris with a clutch of 50-something cat ranchers. IT'S YOUR FAULT REMOVE…. YOU DID THIS TO US… YOU'RE UN-AMERICAN.. you, you….YOU SCAB! THEY TOOK 'ER JERBS!!!!!"

Totally logical rationale, you should definitely bring it up at the next ALPA national meeting.

When you decide to return to reality you may find it a bit boring here.
It was a mistake to use that word. I was using it as an example of categories unions might object to, not defining anyone as a scab. I also draw a distinction between guys joining a legitimate job in the past, and guys joining what might be demonstrated as a disloyal competitor in the future. I'm not sure what the future holds, but I suppose there could be a point where people don't get to play it both ways, and ALPA and the respective companies agree to either supress or recommend hiring of pilots away from the ME3. I honestly have no idea which of those it could be, if any at all. It's just naive to imagine that airlines don't make conscious decisions on hiring, or to think they don't consult with their unions on the subject, in the normal course of business.