View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 10:06 AM
captainv
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Knuckle-dragging line pilot

Originally Posted by Treehorn View Post
Thanks. So, Atlas lags behind the majors but would you still classify it as a great, good, or fair place to work for?
That depends almost entirely on you. If you live in Florida and get hired into ANC - not good. If you live in ANC...

And then there's how well you adapt to the lifestyle and the very significant ways this airline differs from where you came from. Some guys are truly made for this kind of flying and would be miserable anywhere else. For others, it's a stepping stone. A lot of us would be perfectly happy to stay here for the long haul, but current conditions and the financial benefits of leaving for a major would make us jump if given the opportunity.

Despite all the many ways we lag behind the majors, I enjoy the trips where things run smoothly - i.e. Travel books my airline tickets to/from work, I have ground transportation and hotel reservations when I land, the catering is sufficient, and Scheduling follows the most basic parts of the contract when changing my schedule. Most trips have a few hiccups. Some are completely FUBAR from the word go.

I won't tell you to read the entire thread, but a couple hundred pages would give you a much better read on how you'd fit in here than you getting a couple of responses to a very personal and significant question.