View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 07:08 PM
JetJock16
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: SkyWest Capt.

Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post
Hey guys,

Not to burst your bubble, but flying 700's and 900's for 50 seater rates is hardly an accomplishment. There are a number of reasons why the skywest pilot group needs representation, the one above is probably the most obvious...But hey if you're happy flying "DC 9" size aircraft for substandard pay, well by all means.
Another ignorant comment from an ignorant pilot. I'm not calling you stupid, just saying you don't know what you're talking about. We no longer get paid 50 seat rate and our rates (which includes our pay rigging) is among the tops in the industry. Remember that we're operating thin margins industry wide and can only be paid so much. A $1 or 2 here or there’s a drop in a bucket, with our policies and bonuses we make much more than you realize. I guarantee that we do!

BTW my card is in and we need legal representation before SKW takes a turn for the south. I don’t want to break the bank and I understand that we can’t get paid much more than we currently are, but I want more improvements to QOL (even though we second only to AWAC) and legal representation so that when things go south and Mgmnt tries to cut our wages by 30% then we can actually do something about it.