Old 05-08-2015, 06:05 AM
Whip Whitaker
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: MD-80 Captain

Originally Posted by Nantonaku View Post
I currently have no dog in this fight, I hope to someday, but that article is condescending and lacking in details. I enjoy your posts because I like reading agreements on both sides of the debate but in this case I don't see how that article supports your side at all. The Restoring Open Skies white paper was incredibly detailed and clearly laid out specific examples of the ME carriers breaching the agreement. Basically the current response from Emirates is just that the white paper is not true. Literally that is their rebuttal, just to say the accusations are not true and print out a couple route maps. This has been building for a long time and that is all they have? That right there to me is pretty incriminating to their case. Surely they have something better than that article? They didn't know this was coming? If they knew ALPA was working on this two years ago what have they been doing for the last two years?
Actually, one of the authors of an academic research paper quoted many times by the "White Paper" says his views were misrepresentated and felt strongly enough about this to write a rebuttle. Kind of sad when one of the people you use to make your point says your full of it.

http://m.atwonline.com/open-skies/co...cademic-report

By the way Sink R8. Emirates does not take our passports. We come and go as we please. Not sure where that one came from.