Old 06-30-2007, 08:19 AM
CALPilotToo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by CAL EWR View Post

Our pilot group today is not like the CAL of the last twenty years I think you will be pleasantly surprised as to our resolve and unity.
I think you are kidding yourself. Our pilot group hasn't changed a bit in the last 20 years. Pilots are still willing to do whatever is forced on them for fear of not being able to fly airplanes.

The scabs are not the reason the last POS 02 contract passed. Just as many junior pilots were responsible same as senior "about to leave" pilots.

Whatever the company gives us is what this pilot group will vote yes for. CAL is a good place to be but don't ever think an industry leading or even an industry standard contract looms on the horizon.

I get tickeled just thinking about it.

BTW, I voted no on 97 and 02.

And as a Ca I will never put out my CC for anything...period! The company can have a crew scheduling superviser do that.

Ironically, the union is saying sleeping on an airplane is unacceptable and to not do it. What kills me is some F^&%$ing crew did it and then complained about it.

I would have told the scheduler to go pound sand. I'll sleep on the plane and when you find me a hotel, have ramp wake me up and I'll then go start my rest period at the hotel. If it takes you 8 hours to find a hotel, fine, then I'll at least be well rested for the van drive to the hotel to start my rest period.

I'd love to know who the crew was that even agreed to do this and then have the audacity to complain about it.

Last edited by CALPilotToo; 06-30-2007 at 08:25 AM.