Thread: LOA Absolutes
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Alafly,

A bunch of us are very interested in your input. Remember--for a lot of guys--being at FDX is the coolest thing they've ever done. Disresprect towards FDX is as bad as badmouthing your favorite squadron or service branch.

Try this: Glad to be on the team (eventually) and hope I'm not stuck at poverty wages in Hong Kong as I pay my new guy dues....

Remember squadron new guy etiquette? You get to speak your mind....once you've been here about 3 months. (always seemed silly to a loudmouth like me too--but its just a fact of life...)

Captain Mark ain't a bad guy...he just got dropped on his head as a baby and is pretty darn proud of his company. Can't help the first point and I actually appreciate the second point. He'll also help you out once you are on the property--even if you don't believe that right now.

One thing to consider for anyone joining an airline right now is you need to go where you can be happy as a FO for 5-10 years. Rapid upgrades are likely done for a while, and with SWA slowing growth, JB returning airplanes, and a bunch of old guys at CAL now (maybe) getting a 5 year pass....NOBODY is going anywhere fast. Make sure whatever option you take is best for a long haul on the bottom half of the pay scales. This subject is common as guys compare SWA and DAL....SWA wins big if you upgrade at 5-8 years, but if you have to be an FO for 10 plus years, where do you think you'd be happiest?

PM me if you want to vent or have questions. Right now--"gee--can't wait to join the best job in the industry"...

Trust me--lots of people hate this turd of an LOA a lot more than you do...