Old 05-13-2015, 03:41 PM
gooddeal
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Wicked Artsy, Moderately Fartsy

Originally Posted by mike734 View Post
At the mid-year point we were heading down. The line graph was headed into Delta territory. The company freaked and put out the call to step it up. They also settled the Flight Attendant contract. Hmmm. Anyway all areas improved but the area that improved the most was Flight Crew. That category was up 23%. In-flight was up 18% over mid year. I guess newer uniforms, hats and speaking in front of the passengers is here to stay.

Congratulations to us but now the pressure is on to make it 9 and of course 10 in a row. At that point we will be in section 6 openers. That should be interesting.
I agree this was a particular tough accomplishment...9 will be somewhat tougher. Mid-year, the company implemented measures based on downward trending category numbers. Lots of new markets, brand refresh launches inside and outside the aircraft, personal call to employees to step up efforts and retooling the frequent flier program. Despite Delta stepping up in SEA based markets and statistically improving in all 7 categories from 2014 to 2015 numbers, Alaska managed to reverse the downward mid-year trend and earn #1 for eighth year in a row. While this put Delta at #2 overall (also known as the Mickleson) for the third consecutive year, Alaska still lost ground in all 7 categories from 2014. I really am not sure that Delta can do too much more in 2016 to surge with the same 2014-2015 momentum (outside of improving the tanking SkyMiles program...a different award but would likely help this award as well), I really don't see how much more Alaska can do either. I suppose for the flight ops side, the uniform police will go into full force starting in July and with JetPack up and running, most Captains will have plenty of time to make cabin appearances going forward. I'm sure another year of JDP micromanagement will bring the curmudgeons out in force for contract talks.