Thread: LOA Absolutes
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 04:58 PM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

As I understand the purple nugget provision, they went to indoc and training with the expectation of going to Anchorage or Subic now versus Memphis later.

So, their decision was to grab the seniority # sooner rather than later.

It is my expectation that may occur again with the new domiciles.

Again, as I see it,
3 years and get a paid move of my stuff to the FDA---only added benefit is the tax equalization.
2 years, don't get to move my stuff--get up to a 2700$ housing allowance, and tax equalization.

In another post, someone figured out the average plane ticket cost for SIBA was around 3 grand (from the memphis propaganda rag) and viola, the housing allowance we negotiated seems to replace the ticket cost with a housing cost.

Doesn't seem to factor in the additional productivity that will occur once people are living in domicile (not a player for the Subic guys)....but still, out of the CDG guys, company will be getting a minimum of another 4 days of productivity without even trying that hard. Crank the optimizer, and it might be more.
Right now, that equates to about a 2k savings on salary. (widebody estimate of about 350$/hour per crew @ 6CH/ day = 2100 to be precise)
[Experienced narrowbody pay about 300$/hour is a bit cheaper]

So, just in extra productivity, talking about 8k per crew, and we are being offered up to 5.4k---if you take the 2 year package. Doesn't even seem to factor in the saved transportation costs. Doesn't factor in the savings on the hotel standby crews---sitting reserve @ home versus the CDG courtyard marriott 90 EUR/day@ 27 days (3 lines with HSBY for JUL) = 2430 EUR or 4800 EUR total

So, agree just to get that first contract or say no and work towards something better.

Hard for me to believe many of the existing SIBA guys are going to downgrade from widebody pay to narrowbody pay, take a cut in their QOL due to living in a more expensive area, and spend more time working versus DH to work----thanks to the grab the money now LOA and work on improving it later.

BTW-price of gas ROT is about twice the US....so, around 6$ a gallon. Guess that's another QOL hit I need to take to be a narrowbody FO and help FedEx through these trying economic times.

I'm sure they'll make it up to me once the economy improves.