Old 05-16-2015, 12:55 PM
BenderRodriguez
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by hookshot123 View Post

Don't get me wrong, I have answered all calls to action and agree they are unfairly subsidized. I work for Delta and am ****ed we have pulled out of India. But are they really a major threat to U.S. carriers? I honestly don't see the U.S. negotiating new agreements that allow them to fly from countries other than their own to the U.S. (i.e. Milan to JFK) And I don't see passengers preferring the ME carriers so much they would add 10 to 12 hours of connection/flight time to their trip to Europe.
Let's see, they can fly from SEA, ATL, ORD, PDX, LAX, PHX, DFW, IAD, PHL, MCO, MIA and several others that I didn't think of, to DXB and pints beyond. We can fly from anywhere in the US to DXB, and then oh. hmmmm back to the USA. Our government doesn't give a damn about US carriers and US business as they have proven many times. If they can get more taxes and bribes from the emirates, they will favor them. It really is that simple. Yeah, they are a real threat. And lastly, if those long flights are cheap enough, people will add more time than you can imagine to save a few sheckles.

Originally Posted by hookshot123 View Post
Eventually it seems they are going to sink under the weight of all those huge aircraft orders.
Hopefully they go under, but with endless government money that is doubtful.