View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 08:36 AM
SayAlt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: Downward-Facing Dog Pose

Originally Posted by tim123 View Post

Doesn't Southwest have free wifi?
Irrelevant. No, it doesn't, unless you are a gazillion-mile FF member. Besides which surfing the internet was not going to help in this situation.

Originally Posted by tim123 View Post

She also admitted her husband has been very stressed out lately,but she still goes far away on a girls weekend.
So what? That doesn't mean she knew he was suicidal (see below).

Originally Posted by LNL76 View Post

She sat in her seat and cried for 2.5 hours. Ummm sorry, not to sound heartless, but that sounds strange.
Actually, no, it doesn't. In fact not at all, given the context. Truth is, you (and Tim, and DENpilot) are coming across as being pretty dang heartless, LNL. And, as usual for you, completely kneejerk defensive of FAs.

Fact is, everyone here knows FAs can be very cold, cruel, and heartless. Indeed, one could write a whole book on the topic, as we all know.

Even if the FAs were heartless and unsympathetic to her plight, NO ONE around her intervened?
Be serious. You're kidding, right? In today's society?? Apparently you didn't hear about the Amtrak passengers stepping ON and over hurt people to get out of the derailed wreck without bothering to help them, just as an example.

Here's more on the story...

Right before takeoff, she received a text from her husband that read: “Karen, please forgive me for what I am about to do, I am going to kill myself…”

"I texted him ‘no, 'no,’ and he responded, 'yes, because I have to.'"

The text reached her just as flight crew were finishing cabin checks, but she said she knew the text was "serious" because her husband had never threatened suicide before.

Momsen-Evers waited until airborne to reach out to another flight attendant for help and asked if they could make an emergency call from the cockpit. "I showed her the texts. She said that...they could not disturb the pilot.

Widow | Fox News

Methinks it's another case of "let's put an airline in a bad light and cash in on it."
How so??

Later, Momsen-Evers called the airline through customer service to see if there was anything she could have done. She said she was told that FAA rules prevented cellphone use during flights. Her friend, who bought the tickets on with her own miles for Momsen-Evers, was later offered a refund. Momsen-Evers said she has not been in touch with the airline since then.