View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 08:58 AM
ToiletDuck
Che Guevara

Joined APC: Aug 2005

Originally Posted by OnMyWay View Post
I'm a new CFI/MEI working on my CFII looking for an employment in the Seattle/Tacoma area. Currently instructing in Arizona (wife was transfered to SEA). Any info leading to a job will be rewarded with lots of fermented, hop flavored, malt sugared, liquids!
Look into IFS, Initial Flight Screening. You contract to the government to train guys and gals that have received flight slots in the military but have no experience. Yes it's pretty redundant. You basically get them soloing then get a new group. However you'll also get guys that are pretty good already and don't require all the training. Best part is you get to max them on their budget. I made over $45k last year as a CFI doing it and lived out in the middle of nowhere where living expenses were low. Paid off some debt and student loans. Had a blast out there doing and usually when the military guys get a weekend off they are always looking to party like it's their last night on earth. It pays around $25 per hour for air/ground and pre/post instruction.

Edit** I also instructed around 1300hrs last year on top of my other flying. If you want to pick up some hours and experience quickly it's a great way to go.