Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 03:47 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by F15Cricket View Post
Yes, PLEASE show my post to the SpecOps guys you know--and pass along the thanks for their service that my pax wanted them to have!

After they embarressedly say "You're welcome" or "It is my privilege to serve" (my two normal responses), then please let them know you are too embarrassed to even mention to your pax that you served ...

I never said I needed public thanks ... You must have failed English comprehension at VMI.
You're wrong on this one...there's no need to discuss military history, flying history, or really much of anything else about the pilots' backgrounds.

Some folks might think it's neat, but some will be annoyed or worse. You need to tailor your customer service to the lowest common denominator. Some of the paying passengers are probably opposed to all things military and don't feel they need to be given an opportunity to thank anyone. You're in the service industry now, not the place to be forward leaning with your personal views.

If you want to entertain military and aviation buffs, invite them to the bar afterwards.

And on behalf of the specops community... save the public accolades for the 20 y/o conventional forces groundpounder who has the real crap job and limited resources and support, or the wounded warrior. Hollywood will more than take care of the top guns and sof operators.