View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Professor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
So how do you how where the other councils fall out on this issue? Since you seem to know, please share with the group.

Scoop
I don't know anything. That is the point. Why? Because they aren't sharing their take on internal machinations with the pilot body-at-large. THAT is their job right now. They could be in lock step with council one. Who knows? I don't.

This passive aggressive stunt only highlights their dissatisfaction as LEC reps. But because they are willing to say some things, but not what they mean...its starts fires burning all over the place.

And passive aggressive is precisely what this is. And how well does any individual or group respond to that kind of behavior?

What I do know is that by taking this outside the confines of discussions with their LEC colleagues they have created tangential problems I am sure they didn't consider.

Let us start with collegiality. How are other councils going to view these individuals airing the dirty laundry of the group? Do they really think that a move like this will endear them to other councils when those councils are playing by the rules? Do they think that will win them votes NOW from other LEC's?

The other thing they didn't consider is the company opening a section once closed because these LEC reps mentioned it. Why? Because they know that if they press to test on sick leave, they can gain back something else over 'here' they didn't want to give and then be back at zero sum on sick leave again.

Please, everyone reading this, think about what it is like to be on both sides of that table. It's only in having some empathy for the plight and struggle that both sides go through in negotiations that can you gain insight into why any mention of satisfaction or dissatisfaction becomes a bargaining chip for the mgmt side.

Yes, I know that the company generally knows what we want. But in active negotiations when a group ADVISING the negotiators for us publicly points out a few very specific things, this is dangerous and just plain old stupid.

I said it once, I will say it before...its bush league. I expect more from pilots at this airline elected to represent people. This move smacks more of ego than it does anything else.

To me, it looks like a pre-emptive move for them to distance themselves from a contract they don't think MSP will like and help keep them in office. Why else would they go wide? Do they really think that this would help push their point with the MEC?

I'm still flabbergasted that any LEC would publish this pre-TA.