View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 07:05 AM
flyboy275
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: BE20/LR-JET Right Seat
Default Commercial Multi vs. Commercial Single?

I have a feeling I already know the answer to this, but I felt the need to chime in and see what you guys had to say.

I am currently a Commercially rated Multi guy flying right seat for a part 135 on demand op. Butt load of KA200 time and a SIC only LR-Jet type with all associated endorsements as such. Have right about 1000TT with 750 of it twin engine turbine in a 135 crew enviroment.

Here is the kicker. I went to ATP, grabbed my Multi commercial inital, interviewed on a whim and got my current gig. Well it has been about 2 years and I have decided not to re-sign a training contract (Whole other can of worms all together) What I can say that it was not my best move constructively for future employment.

I have noticed a lot of 135 ops out there flying PC-12's, Caravans...etc and they have sort of blown my skirt up for 1. Me being so close to 135 PIC mins, and 2. Better quality of life until I reach that magical 1500.

My question: Would I have to go back and remedially train for a Commercial Single, or in some way, shape, or form....would someone with my experience be able to get it knocked out through an Inital checkride with one of these single engined companies? Waiver? Weird Op Spec? Or am I just destined to add it on in a 172? Something to think about while I am shopping around for my next move. Of course I would like to keep with a twin spinner, just thinking constructively.