View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 06:40 PM
sandrich
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Applied there back in March. Was told I was approved for a phone interview for an April class but never got a call. Emailed and called multiple times, nothing. Word got out about them, and everyone with an MD-11 type/ACMI experience applied and jumped the line. Apparently the DO is an ex-Southern guy and brought a bunch of friends over as well. Anyway, heres what I learned. Its the same owners/founders as Nordic Global Airlines (the Neffs). Airplanes are owned by the Neffs and leased to WGA. You do not work for WGA. You work for AeroPartners (also owned by the Neffs) under contract to Western Global. IE- You work for AeroPartners, under contract to Western Global, who is under contract to their customers. So far, WGA is the first and only client for AeroPartners. Not sure if things have changed...

Starting pay is $226/day, with a 16 day minimum per month. Second year is $252. If you had 500 hours in an MD11 or 1000 hours in "heavy" 121 aircraft, you entered at year 4 pay ($294/day) I heard they were trying to grow and have as many as 15 MD11s on property by the end of the year, seems impossible... Was also told upgrade could be as fast as 500hours on type. Not sure if thats still true. If thats the case, Second year captain pay is $394/day...oh, and home basing.

Those pay rates are straight out of the "WGA Flying Contract" for AeroPartners that they sent me back in March. The rest (upgrade and growth) is all hear-say so don't quote me on it.