View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 10:54 AM
AnotherPilot

Default My advice: Respect the line guys

I work at a big FBO and last week we were 15 minutes late ramping a challenger. I was standing by in a fuel truck and the pilot walks up to my supervisor who was parking it and says "This is for all of you! Seven o'clock means seven o'clock!" And says his owner will be here in 15 minutes. I was standing by in a fuel truck and he proceeds to stare me down in the truck and yells "You hear me?! Seven o'clock means seven o'clock!" In a very threatening way, and then just stares for a while.

First of all he obviously didn't plan enough time even if we were late. And I had nothing to do with our being late.

Secondly, line guys remember this stuff! This guy's demeanor was that he was ready to throw it down if we talked back. I was so mad I was about to walk away and tell him to fuel his own airplane. I will never help with his coffee, ice, or papers again. I couldn't care less, he can get it himself. That pilot can learn how to communicate properly the hard way.

Seriously there are better ways to go about this stuff. Line guys remember the condescending customers are and they don't get the same service. What goes around comes around and you'll really shoot yourself in the foot.