View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 06:48 AM
VTcharter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

[quote=FlyerJosh;190578]Having worked the line in a previous life, I also know that there are some folks that are simply jerks in any situation... However, there are times when I too have been frustrated with FBO's that don't meet our requested pullout times or service requests when plenty of time has been given.

This pilot was out of line, but perhaps the FBO also needs to evaluate why the aircraft pullout was late? In my normal course, for overnights I'll request pullout 1 hr prior to our scheduled departure. I'll usually also call the FBO on the way to the airport to remind them that we are on the way.

On the occassion, the plane hasn't been brought up on time, and it can put quite a strain on the timeline- particularly when we get the phone call from our passengers saying that they're running 15 minutes early.

You just saved me a lot of typing! I agree that this pilot was off base with his attitude, but with the rediculous rates that we pay for handling / parking fees, I expect that I will have what I need at the time that I requested it. 15 minutes late is simply unacceptable, 5 minutes and the aircraft is already in tow I can understand. (although I am still not happy about it) To many times I have been to FBO's, and had to wait around for papers, ice, etc, and the attitude of the line guys when I kindly remind them that I need them is in the nieghborhood of a dirty look and an "I know, I'll get it". I think that I have a right to be upset, although I will bring it to the attention of the FBO supervisor instead of the guy on the line, and have a lot more tact than that pilot.