View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 06:57 AM
joe hokie
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015

Originally Posted by Flyer2000 View Post
1. For 30 days you will retain travel benefits.
2. Stateside or overseas, it doesn't matter. 30 days. You will be removed from CASS after 30 days as well, but can keep it retained as long as you are in good communication with your Chief. (Skywest got burned by a couple of guys who said they were on leave, but weren't).
3. Short answer....no. However, I believe under USERA they have to give you the next available slot regardless of whether you are number one on the list or not. But I think someone junior to you had to have been awarded that base....not just that you could have held it.
4. Your seniority will continue as though you are here for 5 years of continuous mil leave.
5. Not sure exactly what your asking here. Were you completely qualified prior to mil leave? If so you can go 89 days without requiring anything. After that you will need 3 landings with a LCA. If you go 6 months without flying I think you will get some OE and a line check. If you go over 1 year you have to do a modified ground school, sim, OE and a line check. Skywest will accommodate this either individually if there are no classes available or possibly put you through a class if they are currently training.

Hope that helps.
Thank you very much for the input.