View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 08:44 PM
dash3t
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: Cancer Treatment

Thanks for the reply rickair777.

End goal, I think I would be happy with any Major/National early enough to make captain before mandatory retirement ,while maintaining a reasonable income through the transition.

I'm currently doing about 25hrs a month(at least through the summer season), almost exclusively turbine ( although still only SES) so recency will get there but the multi time is my concern as well. Thats why i was thinking somewhere like AMF first to get the ME and IFR proficiency/currency back.

I "think" with my time i could go staight to the 1900/metro which i think the pay scale may still be better than the 40/hr you mention but not entirely sure.

I was mainly wondering, if i did that, and paid for my CTP/ATP written, what the odds would be of going straight to a major/national from there was, or if in the current climate, paying for the CTP was just a waste of money and i should just bite the bullet and try the Regionals.

I think either way i need to invest in some recurrent training as i'm not sure i could get through a sim ride today for either route. Just trying to figure out where i can get the most bang for the buck.

Again, appreciate the insights!

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk