View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Silver02ex
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by Airsupport View Post
congratulations. as far as what to buy i wouldn't worry about it to much. get you a chart case from office max to get you through training. dont worry about jepp binders and all that stuff, they give you that on your first day. he is right they are cheap plastic ones but mine have lasted almost 2 years and they will last a lot longer (they are in really good shape). you don't have to pay any money up front for anything. the only thing that you pay for is half of your uniform. and that is payroll deducted at 15 dollars a paycheck. no big deal. you get 400 dollars every friday and it is tax free so you get the full 400 so that does pretty good. if you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

you have 10 post, and all 10 posts are bashing pinnacle. pretty sad. i have had almost 2 years to feel the company and i like it here. you don't get charged up front for the wings, and they aren't plastic (scary you don't know what plastic is). you don't have to buy the jacket, i didn't, didn't think it was worth the money. the hotel isn't the best. thats what happens when the company headquarters is near the airport. never had any hookers knock on the door but did have one guys car broken into. nothing to do with the comapany and not sure what you would suggest the company do about it. have everyone stay in a hotel in germantown and bus them all in every morning? doesn't make sense. its not the company's fault mem is a crime hole. nothing they can do about it.

now i will say what i have always said. i live in mem (germantown). i like working at pinnacle. i will only be gone 9 nights for the month of july. all 2 day trips most of which start at 12 on day one and end at 800 the next day. my seniority will a captain spot now, just need a few more hours. i will admit that commuting sucks and if you have to do it and be on reserve life really sucks. the contract sucks, and is ammendable. we are trying to get some movement on it but everyone knows how that goes (look at asa). but this pilot group is good, and unified and will not settle for a subpar contract. so are there things that can be changed- absolutley. am i willing to walk if called to- absolutley. do i still like working here, yes i do. there are a lot of things that need to be changed but this attitude wont help us, and i hope for your own well being you have moved on to 'bigger and better things.'
I agree. I live in MSP and like it at 9E (coming up on my one year) so i think i have a feel for the company, and i'm still here and will not go anywhere else anytime soon. I just show up, go fly, pick up my check and go home. I know i would hate it if I go to work, ***** and complain all day. The ones who leave in less than a year is the one who seems to can't stop *****ing and complaining about Pinnacle like Traveljunky.

Back to the original topic. You don't really need a car down in MEM during ground school, but it's nice to have it during the sim you don't have to always count on the hotel van. You don't need a flight case til you get done with ground school, you could get a cheap Office depot but it might not last you more than a few weeks. You will not get your jepps til your checkride is done then you can decide if you want to get the leather ones or not, that goes with the flight case too. Relax and have some fun, go out the the guys in your class once in awhile.