View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Silver02ex
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by travelJunky View Post
I'm sorry to hear that and send my condolences. Don't buy anything until you pass the checkride in three months from now. A few will get left behind and others will leave when the get a feel for the company; It is like having a bad STD and will rub you wrong every day. As for paycheck deductions, the only ones are for uniform ($16 for your plastic wings), $300 for the leather jacket (that you can purchase elsewhere for $80) and anytime you jumpseat and the NWA gate agent happens to code you wrong (want to fix it? Sorry, they can't do that). As for jepp binders, they give you crappy plastic ones (no need to invest in nice leathers when nobody stays longer than a year). Good luck at that hotel and don't answer the door when the hookers knock at 2am..great neighborhood next to the mem airport. Expect to have at least one of your classmate's car broken into guaranteed.

Solution.....go elsewhere.

Wings are plastic? wtf? leather jacket is not from the same company as the one you you order the uniform. We place the order for the uniform during ground school and Pinnacle paid for half. they deduct half from the paychecks, or you pay for it all up front. Perrone is the company that makes our leather jacket and they told me that I have to pay them directly, this is not deducted. So no one should invest in leather binders if they don't plans on staying more than a year. Is that because they can't use them anywhere else? I've never had any problems with NWA agents, they go out of of their way to help us out when jumpseat on NWA, most of them will offer first class if they are open.