View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 10:18 AM
PW4060
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by Fatigued Flyer View Post
You left out ORD. Im in the same boat though, I live in Fort Lauderdale. I just got hired at Republic, Silver and Skywest. I was initially going to go with republic because they said I could get the Miami base after about 4-6 months but with all of their problems and slow moving contract negotiaions I went with Skywest.
At skywest youll start out at either MSP or ORD and there are non stop flights to Chicago from FLL. A couple of months later you could get IAH and theres non stop flights there as well.

But yea, no commute is the best option, which is why Im moving to chicago next MArch/April.
Thanks for that reply! Yes, I did miss ORD in my message, MSP is another one that can be done non-stop from Florida.
Has the commute to ORD worked out okay so far? I am interested to know how much "competition" you have in FLL to get to ORD. I am mostly concerned about making it to work. I accept it will be stressful sometimes.
Moving to base is something I prefer not to do yet. Of course, after commuting for a while I may change my mind!