View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 12:27 AM
Flyboyxc91
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Captain CL-65

Originally Posted by MetalGear View Post
For those of you who got the MEI as the initial CFI would you recommend the same path to someone who has only 40 something hours only on multi airplanes ?

If yes then would you recommend MEI training on a multi you have never flown before ?
Personally, I went to ATP and when I did my PPL Add-On for ME in the Seminole I was signed off in 8 hours or so and thought it was really easy compared to my "mental picture" before I started... Having said that that was Private Standards.. I then got my IR and Commercial MEL but as far as maneuvers go, the commercial was very easy too I thought.. At any rate, I'm trying to say that mastering an airplane for the commercial maneuvers (These are the same for CFI Initial - MEI) isn't a big deal and can be done comfortably within 7-12 hours of solid training towards them... the rest is the same story whether it be single or multi first... THE ORAL. Be intricate with the Airplane POH and TCDS etc.... Personally on the side note I wouldn't personally recommend doing it in a twin you haven't flown AT ALL before but thats just something I would say up front and not as a block on going that route, like I said above its really not a big deal if you decide to.. especially if its a Seminole or Apache :]

Study Hard. Be Confident. Be Successful.

PM me for anymore confidence boosters