View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 06:34 AM
JustAMushroom
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Capt

Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
How is that a relevant question, where did you work before?

Why does it have to be mutually exclusive? Why can't those that are unhappy SAPA, try to get a union and also be focused on trying to process in their career? It doesn't have to be one or the other.
Wow. Suddenly so reasonable. I've gotten accustomed to the rants that this really stood out. It's a nice change.

I've said for a long long time this place needs representation that is enforceable. In my opinion there are many many jr and senior guys who are ready. And there are a few who will just never sign on. As SW guys see the rest of the industry pulling away and the propaganda of being the best paid, best work rules and best loved by management wears off and the obvious reality of thousands of dollars a year being left on the table hits home the guys sitting on the fence will come over. It's not just the reserve rules, insurance costs, ever changing interpretation of rules that will change minds. In my opinion it will be the undeniable fact we are being played that will open the eyes of most guys. If 2004, 2007, 2013 didn't open your eyes maybe 2015 will.