Old 08-02-2015, 09:22 PM
A330Pilot
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2012

In 2007 I was a Regional FO with a class date with the FAA in Oklahoma City and an offer from my present employer a Major International Airline...Although I am happy flying all over the World, I always wonder the what if's had I accepted the ATC job which was for a level 12 Center Facility in my hometown(ARTCC)...If I were you, I would stick with ATC, fly for fun on the side, retire at age 50 with your 20 plus years of service with the FAA, enjoy the pension and then go back and fly professionally if you still have the itch...If I had the option today, that's exactly what I would do minus the part about flying professionally after retiring from the FAA..Its extremely difficult to get hired in the FAA as an ATC, much harder than landing a Major Airline Pilot job so you should feel good about that...Once you are a CPC, you can switch facilities and train for the facility of your choice, there are many options as you already know so I personally would never give that up for a flying job...The retirement and benefits are unmatched and you will retire fairly young to enjoy many decades of those benefits assuming you live to the average age of death...Now, if you absolutely hate it then go for flying because that's just not your cup of tea...I would really think hard about not leaving ATC...Good luck!