View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 04:15 PM   #29  
Raptor
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2012
Posts: 710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja View Post
So a TA is finally produced. There is a two week road show to explain it to the troops. Three or four weeks of voting. It gets turned down. Now it goes back for more negotiating (so management can get a 51% approval vote). In history, how many times has a TA been voted down twice in a row? Is it possible that all this time consumption allows management to slide right on through another peak? They're not as dumb as they appear. And they DO appear dumb.
This implies that the first TA will always be the best TA? I don't think that has to hold. If the TA isn't satisfactory, I would think individual pilots would be very, very unhappy being fed a piece of crap TA and peak would be beyond difficult.

I think it's best for the company to negotiate a great TA for us. We deserve it and we know it. Pilots are very unhappy individually now, and the company would be foolish to put forward TA language that would pass 51%. The other 49% in that case would still be unhappy and peak couldn't run with that level of dissatisfaction.

I'm ready for cooling off and a strike vote ASAP if we don't have a great TA in a couple of weeks.

It's past time.
Raptor is offline