View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 09:32 AM
Raptor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by Commando View Post
I don't think this TA will pass once it's out in the open. Especially after a 9-5 Vote from the LEC. It must be Weak in many critical areas. So you old folks will be working for another year.

Remember, you will be working under this until 2023 minimum. So it needs to be right.
Then let's hope next Wednesday the MEC stands tall and sends it back rather than out for a membership vote--that is if it's only a decent TA.

I want a great contract. We deserve it and the leverage was/is there. It will never be better than through the end of this year. A nice pay raise the first year only won't cut it with me if the rest of it isn't great.

It worries me that it was only 9-5 to approve the resolution. That implies to me there are some significant areas that need improvement. We have to live with this for just short of a decade so it should be damn good.

MEC, do your job and if it's not great, send it back. I don't want a member vote simply to have one...that would be abdicating responsibility. Only approve a TA to be sent for vote if you think it's great!