View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 01:33 PM
Knots2U
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by Full pull View Post
It better not. It's "my" back pay. When "I" decide to leave, they owe me "my" back pay. That would be a deal breaker!
Totally agree. We should not be forced to do something that we don't want to do, or alter our retirement plans, in order to bail them out from their incompetent planning and management decisions, just so that they can make it through peak. They should have thought this out two or three years ago, and not gotten themselves into this mess. Had we gotten a contract when the old one expired, then they would have had a stable platform to work form, and being able to properly man, and predict, the crew force, without trying to guess, and hope, that they will have enough pilots to fill the seats during peak. If this alleged TA does not happen, then the company is looking at trying to get through peak with a few thousand highly ****ed off pilots. I have a feeling that not too many will be willing to step up to the plate, do the extra work, and be satisfied with the annual "atta boy" letter.

I also agree with the poster, saying that this needs to be a great contract, not one that will just squeak by with 51%. I am concerned at the 9-5 vote. I guess we will know next week, just what the score is.