View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 06:07 AM
IrishSkies
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Bent over by Terrible Agreement

Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
I hear what you're saying and respect your opinion. But, I think a large component of our TA compensation is what WE think we're worth...not what the economy thinks we're worth. I really think it's up to us to individually decide how unhappy we are with the current CRS games and many other factors.

A good or bad economy didn't bring us to this TA. The company did it themselves by mismanagement of the crew force and the pilots individually did it because of the loss of goodwill. Standing behind our negotiators and union has always been the key. The company looks right past the negotiators and MEC and sees what the crew force thinks/does. That's why companies in negotiations do direct dealing, direct communication, and such so often.

The pilots will determine if this TA is good enough. I frankly don't think the economy has much to do with it unless it gets extreme. Passing on a poor TA this time, we can still get a better TA that we deserve by our resolve. I'm hoping the company recognized this and our fears of the rumors of pi$$ poor raises is a false rumor. We'll see what value the TA brings and make our decision....unless the MEC sends it back (which would shorten the process to more negotiations than sending it to the pilots for rejection).
Well said Raptor.
I've never met a collective group of professionals with a lower sense of self worth. I'm tired of seeing these posts with the underlying theme of " that's the best we can do right now", "if we strike, that leads to another set of challenges". The company will give us exactly what the weakest 51% of us think we're worth, pathetic.